Due to the increasingly technical and extremely varied nature of Construction Craft Laborers’ duties, the Laborers’ International Union of North America has implemented an Apprenticeship program that is recognized by the United States Department of Labor (USDOL) Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training.
We hold the registered apprenticeship programs for Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia.
Apprentices are required to complete a minimum of 300 hours of classroom instruction and hands on training at the Laborers training and Apprenticeship Center. To complete the apprenticeship program – 4,000 hours of on the job training is also required.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Complete Written Application
- Be 18 years of age or older when admitted.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Be a citizen of the United States or legal alien.
- Take written Selection Test (Test administered at the Training Center)
- Participate in an interview session (Interviews will be held at the Training Center)
- Pass a certified drug test before final acceptance.
- Be in good health or be able to pass a pre-job physical should one be required.
The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of apprentices shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40 & over), genetic information, sexual orientation, or disability. The Construction Craft Laborers’ Joint Apprenticeship and Training Program will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate this apprenticeship program as required under title 29, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30, as amended.
WHERE TO APPLY
Affiliated Local Union Halls
Mail Application to:
4721 Boston Way, Lanham, MD 20706
– 3200 Wilkens Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21229
Email Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprentice Wage Rates
Apprentices shall be paid a progressively increasing schedule of wages based on a percentage of the current journey worker wage rate, or as per the CBA
% of the journey worker rate
- 0 – 999 hours
- 1000 – 1999 hours
- 2000 – 2999 hours
- 3000 – 4000 hours